Saturday, August 13, 2011

Cold steel and A swift fight.

~Day 8~

     Today was probably the most chaotic day of my life. When I awoke our day started off very early, Traveling in the direction of the rangers choice. Soon we came to a small hill that lead into the mountains and decided to climb it. Once we reached the top of the hill we instantly came upon a Kobold encampment.

    First thing that caught my eye was that a Kobold was running around with a piece of armor that every Elf from here to the ends of the world would notice. Shining high on a stick was a piece of Elven chain mail, only one person could have had that.... Kegin. Our standing there alerted the Kobold watch that was on duty. Not that I need to say it because it was so minor of a conflict, but they did not stand a chance. Gathering what we assumed to be Kegins' mail we were confronted with a choice of 6 cave entrances to enter.

    The first two caves and the fourth cave had puddles of water, while the third cave had some of the largest spider webs I had ever seen in my life. Only the fifth and sixth caves showed any signs that creatures had been in them recently, having fire residue trailing out the top of the entrances. We Chose to go in to the sixth cave to see if we could find Kegin. This was a bad choice. This cave contained a small grouping of some rather nasty goblins, which soon met their end.

     Leaving the cave we went into the cave to its left, cave number five. Traveling to the back of the cave we found no enemies, only a puddle of water with treasure in it. This seemed Weird to the whole group, so I hit the puddle with a wave of fire. Instantly The puddle came to life and ran further into cave screeching and taking the treasure with it. So we ventured to the fourth cave. At this point our hopes of finding Kegin were fading like the daylight outside.

    While we were in cave four, we noticed a torch that was upside down. This seemed weird but we did not touch it. After searching through what seemed like a small Goblin den, we went to exit the cave. Half way through the tunnel a Door opened on the wall. On the other side three Goblins who Charged without thinking. Stupidly enough they ran into the door all at once and got stuck. I killed off the two on the sides with a swift blast of flames. Then the third Goblin lunged at me, The feeling of Cold steel ripping through my throat rippled throughout my body. Then Nothing.

    What seemed like years later I felt a pair of hands take grip of what I can only explain to be my soul and toss me back into the Light. When I jolted up Lucius and Aramil stared at me in amazement. feeling the ghost wounds I received I noticed that not only was my Throat slit but at some point I was shot with an arrow. Aramil later admitted to hitting me with it during the fight.They then explained that with their healing help my amulet , which was now gone, had brought me back to life.

    No sooner than they finished speaking we were approached by a fast running cloaked man. It was Kegin, and following behind him a tall Lizzardman. Who demanded what we were doing in his camp. Not being able to negotiate with him he attacked. After a quick fight we wounded him bad enough that he said on last thing and retreated. Those words will stay in my mind for years to come, "You have not seen the last of Prince Kraloff.".

   When he ran Kolbolds attacked from behind, Kegin spun around and shot huge strands of cable like spider web onto them sticking them in their tracks. Then shouting a few words followed that up with a fireball that engulfed them all in a sea of flames. Kegin told us to run, and went limp passing out after all he had been through.

    Now 3 hours travel away from the camp into the forest, we rest. Remembering what happened to me through out the day. I am just sitting here astounded and thankful that I am still alive. Tomorrow we start the trip back to Pitchfield.

No comments:

Post a Comment