Sunday, August 7, 2011

Books always start on the first page.

Day 1

*Thud*

    Today started with a jolt of energy, As a huge book fell off of the edge of a near by shelf. That book is the one I am currently writing in. Hard bound leather with inlays made of Bone from far away lands. This was a gift from the man who has been teaching me for the last two years. He told me that as a Mage Learning new abilities it is important That I always keep a clear mind and to keep track of my mental stability. So although I may not like writing my own material, Here I am ... Keeping a journal.

    So To Start Out writing in this cursed Book, I think I should take a trip down memory lane.They say that what you remember shapes your future. You see as a young man I was told That I have "Gifts"! In my small community this was a very rare occasion. No one really knows where they come from. whether it is the will of the Gods or just something in my blood. Now if you ask me, it's in the bloodline. I may not have any close relatives that can do what I do, but at the same time no one in my family can keep up with me in a battle of wits. This may seem all Grand. This may seem like a gift from the Gods! Let me tell you it is NOT!!

    There are so many problems with having magical powers. Besides all of the years of studying under wizards and magi who think they are better than every one else. This might not be so bad except for the fact That they always remind you how much of a danger you can be to those around you. It just makes your studies that much more stressful knowing that if you mess something up the consequences could be grave. Hell the last thing I want on my mind is teleporting some one close to me into another elemental plain. So much power to have at your finger tips, But with so many strings attached.

    I just have to make sure I get all of these thoughts out of my head on as normal of a schedule as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment